Jobs in Boston, MA, United States • 2017
GasBuddy, the leading price-comparison gas app and website with over 60 million downloads and 11 million monthly unique visitors is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join the team. You’ll be pulling things apart and tinkering, building new platforms, and continuously improving the engineering culture. You will be responsible for configuration and deployment of software packages to various environments, and for supporting ongoing software operations that enable business critical functions. You will also be collaborating to coordinate necessary infrastructure, system administration, networking, database, and information security changes. In addition to technical skills, we’re looking for developers who can communicate clearly and express ideas in verbal discussion, client communication, technical documentation and architectural reviews.
What You’ll Do:
- Share responsibility for health, scalability and availability of our cloud services.
- Automate deployment of AWS infrastructure and services.
- Select, architect, implement and maintain monitoring, alerting and reporting.
- Ensure cloud architecture meets scalability, availability and cost requirements.
- Be a mentor to team members on good operational practices.
- Respond to alerts and other system monitoring tools as final escalation point of support.
Skills & Requirements:
- 2-8 years of experience managing cloud infrastructure, preferably AWS
- Experience with:
- continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Wercker)
- configuration management tools (Chef, Ansible, Puppet)
- containerization tools (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS)
- infrastructure automation tools (CloudFormation, TerraForm)
- setting up database and other open source software (Postgres, Spark, Storm, Elasticsearch, Solr, etc…)
- Solid networking knowledge
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity experience a plus
- Recommend and implement best practices for application support in production environments
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, especially within website, application servers, network, and databases
- Familiarity with security design and process
- Prior vendor management experience
GasBuddy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or applicable local law.