Jobs in Woodcliff Lake, NJ, United States • 2017
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – 50 Tice Boulevard
Invoices policies, coordinates the servicing of new and renewal accounts from the time of binding according to Company guidelines and anticipates/prevents issues and problems as necessary. Provides high quality professional service to Agents and Companies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate policies, endorsements, audits, cancellations, etc., resolve any discrepancies and make changes as needed.
- Review and process policy servicing requests (endorsement, audits, Company requests, Certificates, Premium Finance Notices and Cancellations, etc).
- Manage file and account documentation.
- Invoice and process new business and renewal binders, premium bearing endorsements, and cancellations according to internal and carrier guidelines.
- Establish New Submissions in the clearance system and handle according to established procedures.
- Produce cancellation and non-renewal notices according to statutory and contractual requirements.
- Manage underwriting files on accounts in which policies are not issued and handle according to Company and internal established procedures.
- Maintain pending/suspense system per established procedures.
- Maintain account files in accordance with company policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Minimum of one year of wholesale insurance experience required.
- State specific Insurance License required.
- Must have Underwriting Clerk experience or a minimum of three (3) years general insurance experience.
- Must be able to understand and analyze necessary components of insurance policies.
- Must have knowledge of commercial multi-line underwriting and rating.
- Must have ability to carrier software.
- Ability to develop, foster, and maintain an excellent working relationship with carriers and agents.
- Ability to work in a team environment essential.
- Maintain current knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Good written and verbal skills are required.
- Ability to work extended hours when necessary.
Job type: Full time.
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40.
BB&T is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.